So What is search engine marketing, in this article I will be explaining you all about SEM.
There are two ways to rank on top in search engines.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM).
Search Engine Optimization (SEO):
In simple words SEO means the techniques and tactics used to increase the number of visitors to a site by gaining high-ranking in the search results page of search engine (SERP).
Search Engine Marketing:
Search engine marketing (SEM) is a form of internet based marketing that includes advertisement of websites by increasing their ranking in search engine result pages (SERPs), but this is mainly achieved through paid advertising. Those who instantly want to rank their website on top they can go for paid advertising for there website by doing SEM.
Difference between SEO and SEM
- SEO gets you top rank in the organic part of search engine.
- SEM is inorganic in the form of ads.
- SEO is free traffic but takes considerable time for some of the keywords to rank on top.
- SEM can get you instant ranking how ever for each unique click you need to pay an amount termed as CPC (Cost Per Click). The cost per click varies from keywords and location.
- The ranking is based on auction, so generally higher the CPC better is the ad position.
Technically speaking just CPC does not decide the rank but the quality score is also a factor. The ranking is purely computed based on ad rank, better the ad rank better is the position of the ad. So how you will decide the ad rank for your website
Ad Rank = QS (Quality Score) x CPC (Cost Per CLick).
The CPC bidding starts with 10 paisa and for any other country 0.1 of its currency value and on higher side there is no limit on CPC.
You may also like to read How to Earn Money from Home 100% Working
Conclusion : There are few technical terms which I have used in this article like quality score, cost per click these are the terms usefull for those who are already creating or running ads for their website in google search engine through ADWORDS.